Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Day

Note:  I'm participating in an on-line writers exercise.  Each day we are given a picture to prompt us to write something. Yesterday's picture of a teapot was easy for me, as it immediately brought fond memories to mind.  Today's picture is more difficult for me and actually required me to use my brain.


Today's prompt comes from images_improbables on Flickr, via a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons license.http://www.flickr.com/photos/images_improbables/6748409757/

Unfortunately, (technologically challenged that I am) I can't figure out how to load the picture so that it's not blurry, but you can pull it up from the link.


________________

One day the gates will open.  One day.  My soul waits for the great resurrection day.  I've waited so long for my body to reunite with my soul.  There was such a long wait to receive it, and then in a flash it was gone again.  I didn't take care of it, or even appreciate it.  There were so many imperfections that I didn't see the whole picture.  I forgot to look forward to eternity when all will be perfected.

One day the gates will open.  One day.  I'll not take my body for granted again.  I'll cherish my perfected body.  I'll hold my head high and remember who I am.  I'll walk with God and angels.  One day.

One day the gates will open.  One day.  I'll reach down and summon, and it will follow.  Clouds will part and make way for the great resurrection day.

One day the gates will open.  One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment