Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blast from the Past

I just realized I have letters saved on my computer (transferred from two previous computers and orginally in DOS) that I wrote to my stepson in 1992 and 1993 when he was on a church mission in England, and to my oldest daughter in 1999 when she was on her mission in Boston. Very interesting reading!

While Matt was in England on his mission, I was becoming active in church after a long absence. When Molly was in Boston, my stepson's wife was taking the missionary lessons. It's like reading a journal -- which is nice since I don't keep a journal. I knew there was a reason for keeping the letters!

Life sure changes how we think and feel about things. I was an adult with four kids when I wrote those letters, but I'm sure not in the same mindset about some things now. This was the perfect time, however, for me to find these letters. I've been questionning my parenting skills lately. Reading those letters made me realize that I'm not crazy -- I really did try to be a good mom.

1 comment:

  1. I love going through old photos and letters. It's very interesting to see how your perspective changes over the years.

    ReplyDelete